2019 PING Junior Solheim Cup Qualification Begins In Portugal
PING Junior Solheim Cup to be played on the King’s Course at The Gleneagles Hotel in Perthshire, Scotland, the same week as the 2019 Solheim Cup
Qualifying will comprise ten events between 30th January and 17th August, 2019
Lisbon, 30th January, 2019 – The qualification process for the 2019 PING Junior Solheim Cup begins today at the Portuguese International Ladies’ Amateur Championship, the first of ten counting events, spanning the next seven months.
Girls from countries around Europe will start their quest to earn a spot on the European Team for the biennial contest, which will take place on the King’s Course at The Gleneagles Hotel on Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th September 2019.
The PING Junior Solheim Cup is the curtain-raiser to The Solheim Cup, set to be contested over the PGA Centenary Course at the same venue from 13th-15th September.
It promises to be a fantastic festival of golf and entertainment in Perthshire, with world-class action on the course complemented by experiences off it, offering as much for non-sports followers as for traditional golf fans.
The Portuguese International Ladies’ Amateur Championship is being played at Montado Golf Resort, near Lisbon, and is the first amateur event of the season. From here, the qualification journey will take in six more countries across Europe, before culminating at the Girls’ British Open Championship at Montrose Links, Scotland, from 13th-17th August.
Mickey Walker, Team Europe Captain for the PING Junior Solheim Cup, said: “I am looking forward to following the results and attending some of the qualifying tournaments later in the year.
“The standard and professionalism amongst the leading European amateurs is outstanding and augurs well for the future of women’s golf. I am very excited to witness the top juniors strive to make the PJSC team and have no doubt that some of them, just like Charley Hull, Georgia Hall and Carlota Ciganda before them, will become some of the global stars of the women’s game in the future.
“I wish everyone good luck in their quest to make the team.”
- 12 participants
- Participants must be girls and 12-18 years old (born 2001 or later) and must not have reached their 18th birthday prior to 1st January 2019
- Participants must be amateurs and must not be members of a competitive collegiate golf programme
- Participants must be a European citizen (as per IGF National Policy)
- The leading six players from the PING Junior Solheim Cup ranking following the Girls’ British Open Championship will be automatically picked. In the event of a tie for the qualification positions, the selection will be decided based on individual standings on the European Women’s Amateur Ranking
- Six Captain’s Picks
- Performances in all amateur events and the European Women’s Amateur Ranking will be taken into consideration when deciding the Captain’s Picks
30 Jan – 2 Feb Portuguese International Ladies’ Amateur Championship
Montado Golf Resort, Portugal
27 Feb – 3 Mar Spanish International Ladies’ Amateur Championship
Club Zaudin, Spain
18 – 22 April French International Lady Junior Championship
Saint-Cloud GC, France
19 – 21 April Helen Holm Scottish Women’s Open Championship
Royal Troon GC, Scotland
30 May – 1 Jun Allianz German Girls’ Open
GC St. Leon-Rot, Germany
11 – 15 Jun Ladies’ British Open Amateur Championship
Royal County Down, Northern Ireland
18 – 20 Jun ANNIKA Invitational Europe
Vasatorp GC, Sweden
9 – 13 July European Girls’ Team Championship
El Saler GC, Spain
9 – 13 July European Ladies’ Team Championship
Donna Fugata Resort & Spa, Sicily, Italy
13 – 17 Aug Girls’ British Open Championship
Montrose Links, Scotland